Luxembourg's national preselection for Eurovision 2024 has started
After a 30-year hiatus, the Grand Duchy is finally returning to the Eurovision Song Contest. This was officially announced by the government at the beginning of the year. Of course, many people are looking forward to seeing one of the countries with the most titles on the big stage, but there are also some skeptical people.
In fact, the question of whether Luxembourg will be able to host the Eurovision Song Contest in the event of another victory is the subject of lively debate. At first, it seems easy, but a closer look reveals problems that have yet to be solved.
Nevertheless, the country's decision is unchangeable and the competition committee has already published the mandatory requirements for the candidates:
- You must be 16 full years of age on January 27, 2024;
- You will be available between November 2023 and May 2024;
- You know what it means to sing live and have always dreamed of performing on a big stage;
- You are a citizen of Luxembourg;
- You have been a resident for 3 consecutive years;
- You have a cultural background and a proven connection to the Luxembourg music scene. A number of criteria must be met: you are actively involved in your musical practice at the national level, and you regularly and closely collaborate with cultural institutions and recognized cultural figures on the Luxembourg scene.
We would also like to remind you that those who want to participate in the selection will have to face a strong opponent — Naomi Ayé. The young Luxembourger has already announced her intention to represent her country in Sweden. She has European fame and a strong voice.